Alameda County Wills Attorneys
Insightful & Reliable Legal Representation
If you need legal guidance drafting your last will and testament, then please reach out to our highly skilled estate planning lawyers at Randick O’Dea Tooliatos Vermont & Sargent so we can ensure you include everything you need to help take care of your family and their futures.
A last will and testament is a foundational part of any estate plan, even if you have made alternative arrangements for the distribution of your assets. There are also things that only a will can do that other estate planning tools cannot, such as provide for the guardianship of minor children. That is why it is critical for everyone to establish a will with the assistance of an experienced and attentive attorney who can customize the document to their unique needs.
Get Help Drafting Your Last Will & Testament Today
With the proliferation of online do-it-yourself estate planning services, many people assume they will save more money by making their own will so they don’t have to pay attorney fees. However, drafting a will without the assistance of a reliable attorney can result in it being deemed invalid by the probate court. In order for a will to be valid, it must comply with certain legal formalities. If it does not, it will fail, and your assets will be distributed according to California’s laws of intestate succession, which will likely not reflect your wishes.
Some of the important formalities involved in drafting a will include:
- The will must be signed in front of two witnesses
- The two witnesses must sign the will
- Both of the witnesses must be disinterested parties
Protect Your Assets and Loved Ones with a Well-Crafted Will
Creating a comprehensive and legally sound will is one of the most important steps you can take to ensure that your assets are distributed according to your wishes after your passing. At Randick O'Dea Tooliatos Vermont & Sargent, our experienced wills attorneys in Castro Valley can guide you through the process and help you draft a will that reflects your unique circumstances and protects your loved ones.
Benefits of having a well-crafted will include:
- Control over asset distribution: A will allows you to specify how your assets, including property, investments, and personal belongings, should be distributed among your beneficiaries.
- Guardianship for minor children: If you have children under the age of 18, a will allows you to appoint a guardian who will be responsible for their care in the event of your passing.
- Minimize family disputes: By clearly outlining your wishes in a will, you can help prevent potential conflicts among family members regarding the distribution of your assets.
- Reduce estate taxes: Proper estate planning, including a well-crafted will, can help minimize the tax burden on your estate and maximize the amount that goes to your beneficiaries.
- Peace of mind: Knowing that you have a legally valid will in place can provide you and your loved ones with peace of mind, knowing that your affairs are in order and your wishes will be carried out.
Don't leave the future of your assets and loved ones to chance. Contact our Castro Valley wills lawyers today to schedule a case consultation and start the process of creating a comprehensive and legally binding will.
Why Clients Choose Randick O’Dea Tooliatos Vermont & Sargent
Individuals, families, and business owners in Alameda County turn to us for our experienced, thoughtful counsel because we are:
- Top-rated by clients and highly rated by Avvo
- Knowledgeable, professional, and offer personable advice
- Dedicated to working closely with clients to make sure their wills align with their specific goals
- Committed to making sure our clients’ wills are valid, clear, and properly executed
Set Up A Case Consultation with One of Our Experienced Wills Lawyers
Planning for one's own death or the possibility of incapacitation is an important aspect of ensuring a secure future for your family and other loved ones. That is why our legal professionals at Randick O’Dea Tooliatos Vermont & Sargent dedicate ourselves to helping clients form effective and fair wills. If you are considering forming a will or need to modify or review an existing will, then it’s in your best interest to speak with an attorney as soon as you can.
Please call our Castro office (510) 344-2599 or Pleasanton Valley office (925) 460-3700 or contact us online to schedule a consultation so we can help you create a detailed will that accurately reflects your wishes.